The Independent Assessment Board has recruited a team of Independent Assessors who are experienced in the four priority areas to:
- Leadership, strategy and governance;
- Financial decision-making and reporting;
- Service delivery and asset management; and
- Communication and engagement.
Assessors have relevant expertise and experience and fulfil the following criteria:
- Undertake assessment of councils against the process determined by the independent assessment board;
- Recommend assessment ratings and commentary reports for participating councils to be reviewed and finalised by the IAB;
- Continue with the refinement of the performance indicators before they are finalised by the IAB; and
- They are completely independent from Council.
Adam is a lawyer by profession who has previously held a number of senior management positions in the public and private sectors, including chief executive roles for Queenstown Lakes District Council; the NZ Serious Fraud Office; and the Eden Park…
David advises on complex strategy, public policy and commercial issues. He is internationally regarded for his work in pharmaceutical management and is expert in both market and non-market valuations. David has advised in a wide range of sectors, including primary…
Bruce works with the many local authorities including being an independent member of Audit and Risk Committees for Auckland City Council, Bay of Plenty Regional Council, Environment Southland, Far North District Council, Southland District Council, Thames-Coromandel District Council and Waipa…
Dave has over 30 years experience working in the public sector in senior leadership postions and has worked closely with local authorities in all of those roles. In 2017 he led the government’s recovery effort for the Kaikoura earthquake and…
Martyn Dunne has a wide range of experience in Defence, Diplomacy, Customs/Border and Primary Industries. He currently consults across a wide range of organisations and is experienced in Governance, management, strategy and leadership of large complex organisations.
He has served as;…
Toni has 23 years’ experience in local and central government and the private sector. Originally trained as an urban planner, Toni’s career has spanned strategic land use planning, climate change policy development, and research to inform the building and construction industry in…
Robert Buchanan is a Wellington-based public law and governance specialist. He has been an independent public law practitioner since 2006. Before then, he served as Assistant Auditor-General, Legal at the Office of the Auditor-General from 1998, and as Director of…